personal assistant to artistic and general director
over de organisatieThe Airport Society is a Brussels based cooperative of opera artists and social entrepreneurs. We initiate projects at the intersection of opera and social engagement. By developing projects outside of the traditional opera production schemes, we question the usual power and resources distribution in the field, and explore alternative strategies for opera creation, production and presentation. We are devoted to developing new strategies of collaboration between artists, policy makers and local communities. Our projects empower artists and participants to develop new platforms for social interactions in polycultural societies.
over de functieAs a Personal Assistant you will provide general assistance to Krystian Lada, Artistic and General Director of The Airport Society, in his professional activities, spanning from research, development and production of new artistic projects, to opera and music theatre stage directing. You will often act as Krystian’s first point of contact with collaborating artists and organisations in Belgium and internationally, as well as with the press. If needed, you will also travel with Krystian to provide general and artistic assistance during his projects abroad. Occasionally, you will deputise for Krystian, following up on projects’ progress and delegating work to collaborators in Krystian’s absence.
Krystian Lada is a Polish stage director, dramaturg and librettist active in the fields of opera, music theatre and classical music and based in Belgium. He has been General and Artistic Director of The Airport Society - a Brussels-based cooperative of opera artists and social game changers that initiate project at the intersection of art and social engagement. Krystian is the first recipient of the Mortier Next Generation Award.
More info: www.krystianlada.com / www.theairportsociety.com
Tasks are likely to include:
- act as a creative and critical discussion partner
- carry out research (text- and visuals-based) and assist by concept development
- put together concept presentations and project portfolios
- occasionally assist Krystian with his stage directing projects (incl. participating in the rehearsals)
- write, edit and proofread dramaturgical and communication texts
- handle the day-to-day correspondence with collaborating artists and organisations
- coordinate the day-to-day agenda, administration and follow up on the project deadlines
- produce meeting notes and memos, briefing papers, reports and presentations, press content
- liaise with collaborating artists and organisations in order to carry out specific projects
- occasionally facilitate contacts with the press